Sheryl Eggleston

A Journey of Words and Stitches



Thursday, September 2, 2010

Don't You Dare Give Up!

I should have posted a sign way, way back in May that said "This Life Interrupted For Gardening Season" and in some ways that has been true. There has been lots of gardening going on and swimming and late night fires and smores and star gazing . . .
But in truth, I've really been in a funk.

What put me into it and what has just made me decide to 'snap out of it' are two different stories.

It was the post I read this morning by Melody Ross at the new and fabulous Brave Girls site that made me realize I want to DANCE again, let go of my pity party, get creative and choose HAPPY.

www.bravegirlsclub.com

The first and most important message to greet me was "Don't you dare give up" and that went straight to my soul. Even though I don't feel I completely gave up, everyday more and more of my happiness has slipped away. So I'm going to turn it around and get back on track.

I made a new sign just now to hang above my desk in my cozy office -



and everyday it will remind me

2 comments:

  1. Yay Sheryl! Can't wait to hear more from you - I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you!! :) You are so very talented! and i love ya!

    ReplyDelete